Monday, November 05, 2007

ouch

After a couple months of persistent pelvic pain, I finally got to a doctor. Much to my dismay, the doctor could not give a diagnosis or any advice as how to relieve the pain. However, I was told that my uterus is enlarged and I have to go back next week for an ultrasound to look for possible tumors.

Needless to say I am feeling a little scared and unsure and hope that a. it isn't cancer and b. whatever it is (if anything) it can be taken care of and leave my reproductive organs in tact.

I had a rough weekend, left alone, with my mind racing, unable to sleep and feeling quite ill. I am not in the best of spirits, but am trying to stay busy. I am feeling a little lonely these days.

Prayers and love appreciated.

3 comments:

RuthG said...

Oyyy! So the ultrasound is next week? You are always in my prayers, but I will be praying especially about this, Kate. I'm so sorry about the pain & hope the diagnosis & treatment don't require anything too invasive or debilitating.

Peace, hugs & much love to you.

Katherine said...

thank you Ruth - I will certainly keep you posted. I covet your prayers.

christine said...

dear kate, I am so sorry to hear about this. I pray that your pain will ease, that you will be able to make the SOA trip (you may meet a delegation from Wheaton College there), and that family issues will resolve. Mostly I pray that your medical issues will prove to be benign and treatable ... please keep us posted.
love, christine and richard