Monday, November 19, 2007

SOA Protest/Vigil 2007

There is so much to say though difficult to find the words to use. The eight of us made it to Ft. Benning, GA and back in less then 3 days. Over the 2,000 miles of driving and intense sleep deprivation we managed to keep ourselves centered and focused.

I plan on doing some writing on the trip soon. I am still decompressing and working through all of the experiences in my mind. The weekend held many spiritual and profound moments.

I left not knowing any of the people I traveled with. I returned feeling a great deal of love and connection with them. It was difficult to be the one new person, as they are all already friends. They are in the MASJ program at Loyola/IPS while I am MAPC.....so, it was a little tense for me at first. However, I managed to jump in pretty quickly.

I hope to have some writing done soon. I also have to jump back into papers and reading for school. I had decided to press on with the trip to Kansas this week, and juggle the big term paper - but it looks as if though I will be staying behind anyway, seeing as Graham was not able to find anyone to watch the animals. Everyone I know lives far away or won't be in town. So, I hope to use that time to read and write. I am not sure how much I will get done today. This past weekend calls for some significant, deep reflection.

Photos from the trip

No comments: