Saturday, January 19, 2008

cold air, short days and busy times

The deep freeze has set in and it is actually cold in our apartment. Usually if the temp is above 20 degrees or so, we have to crack the windows because it gets so hot in here. Now? It is actually cold. So, you know it's cold! I am planning a long weekend of studying, knitting, hot drinks and Graham and I will be going out to dinner and a movie tonight with his cousin and some friends. So, that will be nice.

The last week has been a teaser as to how insane and tiring the upcoming semester will be. I am in six classes, though one is zero credit and has no homework (thank God). On Tuesdays I have Human Development, Psychopathology and Identity Integration (zero credit). On Thursdays I have Theology of the Developing Person/Theological Anthropology (which is the theological component to the development class), Fundamentals of Pastoral Counseling and Spirituality: Mystics and Social Activists (MLK, Dorothy Day, Thomas Merton and Abraham Heschel). On Fridays, for at least a month or two, I will be working at IVP, helping my old boss pick up the pieces on some projects. I worked there yesterday and the day went quickly and pretty painlessly.

On Thursday evening, I came home, completely overwhelmed and exhausted. Being gone from 6:55am - 8:30pm is tiring. I have my doubts about the ability to juggle all of this, but Graham is being encouraging and I am mapping out my study schedule and finding ways to tackle all of the work. Needless to say, each class has a crazy amount of reading and a lot of writing. I am going to have to make knitting a reward for myself once my other work is finished. This will be hard, since it has been really central in my activities lately. I have a number of projects on my radar. I knit throughout my theology class the other day, which was nice. Also, if I sit at the table, with a book that can hold itself open.....I can knit at the same time. Now, that's talent!!

No comments: