Friday, January 11, 2008

well, well

Six years ago this summer, I stood on the Malecon in Havana, Cuba and fell in love with one of the most beautiful countries in the world. It pushed me into graduate school where I specialized in Cuban History. I finished my coursework in 2005, but because sometimes life gets in the way of the best intentions, I never finished my MA. I never took my comp exams.....until TODAY!! Last April I started the road of prepping for and taking three major exams. Now, I am finished!! I do still have to defend my exams and writing, but I could do that tomorrow. I am not even worried about it. It has been a long haul. I am now in another grad program, and love it, but it is such a relief to have actually finished my History MA that I started years ago. Wow. I will be walking at commencement this May.....May 10 to be exact.....and mom is throwing a party! I think we will be celebrating with a baseball game. How Cuban! :) haha

Anyhow, I am beat......but I am so relieved and so exhausted.

Tomorrow, memorial vigil for Natalie in St G with Robin - it will be a bittersweet day. It's been a strange week.

For now? Imo's Pizza......movie......and a hot bath with goodies from Lush.

I am blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. That is quite an accomplishment.

RuthG said...

Woooohoooooooooooo! Congratulations, Kate! You are such a fabulous scholar . . . & now you have all the hard stuff of this degree behind you! Great job!

christine said...

CONGRATULATIONS AND FELICITACIONES KATE!!