Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I have awesome friends

Awhile back I was brainstorming about gift ideas for all of the girls in Emily's program. I wanted to knit something for them, and at the time I was also thinking about how I wanted to make some homemade soaps. So, I decided to knit washcloths and make soaps to go with them. Realizing that 14 washcloths was a tall order, I put the call out to some knitter friends, Robin and Christy, to see if they wanted to help out and donate some of their beautiful handiwork. Not surprisingly, they said yes!! I am so touched by their effort and dedication. We got 14 finished! The soaps are tucked inside.

Additionally, our friend Melissa wanted to do something but she isn't a knitter. (We keep telling her it's never too late to start!) She does do beautiful work with beads, though! So, she made the girls some beautiful beaded bookmarks and there are trinkets on the ends of them. Soooo lovely. This picture is of the bundles after I prepared them to be shipped off for Christmas!

Just seeing them reminds me of what wonderful friends I have - beautiful souls, each one!! I hope the girls like their goodies!

No comments: