Tuesday, August 14, 2007

and the winner is.....

ME! I got the call late this morning that the position is being offered to me, and I accepted! I will be starting next Tuesday. I am kind of freaking out with this last MA exam hanging over my head, as I am not sure how I am going to find the time to do everything. But, I will do what I can. Work it!

I have been checking the train and CTA schedules and it looks like it will be a long, but do-able commute. I hope to be able to utilize that time to study as much as I can.

So, for this next week, I will be cracking down on studying for the 3rd exam. Then I start next week at the archives. I have an IPS open house the following Saturday, and then start classes the next Tuesday. So, wow, it's just crazy how this has all fallen into place so quickly! It's funny how fate works sometimes. I was bummed about not getting a departmental assistantship at IPS, but now am getting something even better! And to think just a few months ago I was totally miserable, working in a cube at IVP - and now I am going to a fantastic program at Loyola and have a drop dead awesome assistantship to boot! Happy dance!

Here is where I will be working: Women and Leadership Archives

and this is the beautiful building I will be in......

No comments: