Tuesday, August 14, 2007

today's the big day

I should find out today whether or not I got the assistantship I interviewed for. I am giddy like a schoolgirl, nervous, excited, but also relaxed. I really want this position, we REALLY need the money and it would be a fantastic experience. However, I am concerned about the amount of time left for me to do homework. I would be working on MWF and in class T/Th. I could make it work, but it would be difficult. Add on my rape crisis advocacy responsibilities, and would I ever be home? I would have to find a balance.

So, I am sitting tight, hopeful that the woman I interviewed with does in fact pass down a decision today. If I don't get it, I am okay with that. Like people who in the running for an Academy Award say, just being nominated is an honor. I was one of three finalists for the position out of over 100. So, that is quite an honor and makes me feel good. Over all those years of job searching in vain, it's good to know my CV stood out for once.

Anyhow, I will post as soon as I hear anything..........pins and needles.....pins and needles.......

No comments: