Tuesday, November 13, 2007

good news

I got a call from the doctor today and the good news is that all of my tests came back normal. So, this is quite a relief! I still would like to know why I have persistent pelvic pain and discomfort, and will be calling the doctor to discuss further possibilities. But, I am so relieved that we have ruled out tumors and/or cancer.

In more good news....Graham was offered a permanent position at his job (no more temping!) with a promotion and a raise! This is fantastic news! This new position comes with a lot more stress and responsibility. So, he is a little unsure about it all. But, I know he will do well!

I got an extension on my research paper that is due on Tuesday, since I am going to the SOA weekend this week. However, I am panicking big time as I have a lot to read and a lot to write. Thankfully, I have gotten most of my other big projects out of the way and I can now focus in on this. It looks like I will have to spend a chunk of my Thanksgiving holiday in the books. I have considered not going on the trip to Kansas, but am not sure if that's the right decision. I have to admit that 6 straight days of nothing but time to read and write is very appealing. However, spending Thanksgiving at home with Em? We might get kind of cranky. So, we'll see.

Sarah tried on the first of the legwarmers today and it fit like a glove! I am so happy she likes is. I just adore her! :) I can't wait to get the second one done - but I will not likely have much time to work on it until after the big paper. It is too intricate to do in the car - I will get sick.

Yeah, I have piles of books to read and loads of knitting to do....I have two car trips coming up. One week I will be doing 12-13 hours each way and the next week 11-12 hours each way and I can't do anything in a car. This is a travesty. ;)

1 comment:

christine said...

yay that your tests were negative, Kate! thanks be to God. And, yay for Graham's job offer!
happy thanksgiving ...
christine