Friday, November 30, 2007

on a roll!

I am finishing projects all over the place! Yesterday, I finally cast off the second of a second pair of Bears colored legwarmers. I made some for a friend awhile back and did the stripes incorrectly. I still gave them too her, but wanted to do a second pair. I made these a little wider so they would fit me well. This is the first thing I have ever knit for myself, other than a 20 minute headband.

I finished them up yesterday morning on my commute and in class.....just in time for the freezing commute home in 19 degree weather. Ouch. My calves were toasty. Sadly, they don't stay up well over my knees, so I may sew in some elastic in the top ribbing to help them get some grip.

I am now plotting my next knitting move. I don't want to divulge too much on here, since I plan to knit for Christmas gifts. I am feeling a little low since I am pretty much done with all of my projects. I still have to piece together my cousin's afghan. I am planning on working on that today and this weekend.

No comments: