Wednesday, November 28, 2007

turning a new tea leaf

After eating too much over Thanksgiving (though less than in past years) and subsequently seeing some recent photographs of myself, I have decided it is time to finally buckle down and commit to some serious weight loss. I would like to lose about 75 pounds over the next year. I ordered an exercise video (I am too embarrassed to tell you what it is) and am going to stop the fast food lunches. However, the biggest challenge is to stop drinking white mochas at Starbucks. Even though I get them with skim milk and no whip, they are still chock full of sugar! So, I am trying to make some significant behavioral changes and am going to move to drinking black tea, with a little skim milk and splenda every morning instead. This is day one.....I went to Argo Tea instead of Starbucks, just to make it easier.

My goal is not to calorie count or get obsessive, but to make some significant changes in my diet choices. I am a creature of habit, so the daily mochas and Thursday afternoon Ben and Jerry's will be hard to break. It's like smoking for me. It wasn't the addiction, it was the habit.

I am ready....I will do this!

1 comment:

RuthG said...

Sounds like a plan--good for you!