Tuesday, December 18, 2007

tuesday at the 'bou

it's amazing how quickly the day can pass when you are in the back of a Caribou Coffee, nose in book, taking notes etc.....it's already almost 1pm. I swear I just got here. I have about 100 more pages to tend to today and then have to finish a knitting project for a Christmas gift that I am mailing off.

I was supposed to leave for St Louis today, but decided to wait and drive down with Graham on Friday. I know it sounds weird, but I just don't like traveling without Graham when I can help it. We travel so well together, and I really treasure that time. In addition, we had a crazy day yesterday and I was just beat tired. I couldn't even think about packing. I also didn't want Graham to have to deal with getting Emily, dog and car ready and then drive down on his own. He has so much to deal with, with work and all. I know if I had gone to St Louis I wouldn't be concentrating much on studying, which I REALLY need to be doing. I just can't slack at all. My exam is 3 1/2 weeks away. Yipes!! So, I think I made the responsible decision, even if I would likely prefer to be hanging with my pals, eating Imo's and doting on toddlers.

My last grade was finally posted for Loyola.....I had my first 4.0 semester, ever! I have come very very close before. But, in undergrad there was always a lame class that got neglected so I could work in the studio - and in grad school, I never did well in Spanish. So, this is exciting!

I picked up the 20th Anniversary Joshua Tree Box Set this morning. I got a little Christmas gift money. That was at the top of my list, so I am quite excited. I plan to watch the DVD this evening.

We went to Graham's work Christmas party last night. I was tired to begin with, but I felt SOOOO out of place there. Graham didn't know very many people there, and it was just really out of our element. We ended up having a couple drinks at the end of the bar and watched the Bears game. That was nice. We then came home for some MST3K. :)

Back to the books.....at least the one I am reading right now is tolerable.

Also, do yourself a favor and see No Country for Old Men. Yes, it is violent, but it is the art of film making and storytelling, perfected. I have never read any Cormac McCarthy, but put in an order for this book and The Road for some post exam reading.

No comments: