Thursday, January 03, 2008

and the studying continues......

I am finally starting to get on some sort of pace here. My exam is in 8 days. ouch. I am basically resigned to the fact that I will not be ready. I don't think I will ever be ready. So, I am going to do what I can and do the best that I am able on the exam. The worst that can happen is I fail and have to do it again. I do not WANT this to happen, and would be pretty upset if it did - but at least it's not all or nothing.

I have to admit that I have not dedicated as much time to this exam as I had to the other two. I am also frustrated that this professor has been of very little assistance when it comes to advice, direction or any kind of help......well, as far as this exam goes. He was one of my fave profs in school and always wonderful to work with. I know he has a full plate, but I am really flailing out here. I wish I had some sort of inkling as to what my exam question was going to be. I am digging through loads of material with no real idea of what I need to be zoning in on. So, I just feel like I am grappling in the dark and am feeling entirely overwhelmed. Ah well......

I leave for St Louis in a week on Wednesday the 9th, and return on Sunday the 13th. Loyola starts back on the 15th. I got an email from my Psychopathology prof and he is recommending we start the reading before we come to class. *sigh* It's going to be a rough semester. I am excited about it though, and looking forward to being back into my downtown routine. I am getting to be a little house happy.

No comments: