Friday, January 04, 2008

iowa!

How exciting is this?? Obama wins Iowa! While I spent my evening at Caribou last night, I was checking in on the results every half an hour or so. When word came through that Obama had pulled off a significant win in Iowa, I wanted to leap up and shout with joy and tell everyone present about the victory. Obviously, he is still far from the nomination, but this is a big step! If Obama can take New Hampshire, I think he will take it all. Looking at the GOP pool, I really don't see how anyone could defeat him in the general election. Nationwide polling, for some time, has shown him to be the only Dem who will win every match up against GOP candidates. From the first time I heard him speak, I just knew he was something special. He is the first candidate in my lifetime that makes me feel good about politics. Sure, I worked for Kerry, and wanted him to win, but really....he could have been anyone. At the risk of making politics sounds like a sporting event, GO OBAMA!

In other news, I finally got a response from my prof with a batch of directed questions for my exam. I was terrified to open the attachment, but then extremely relieved, if not overjoyed, to actually read them. Most of them I feel 100% confident on, and the few I am wee bit shaky on I will be studying for over the next few days. At least I now know where to direct my time and effort. Yes! I almost wish I could take the exam tomorrow. I am ready.

I accepted a temp/part time gig with my old employer. It's only one day a week (Fridays) and it pays alright. The job itself is really crappy and boring, but with an insane school schedule, it won't be so bad to be braindead for a day. ;) We hope to be credit card debt free this year and should be by summer.......all of the money from this job will go towards that. Yes!

Also, Tommy is addicted to Pounce treats. I think there is crack in them. This morning I woke to find him climbing on my nightstand to get to them. I then put them under my pillow, and he came digging under my head for them.....crazy cat.

No comments: