Monday, March 03, 2008

happy birthday emily!

It's hard to believe that fourteen years ago I was in labor with Emily. Fourteen years! Not only does it amaze me how fast she has grown and that she is now into her second year of teenagedom, but it amazes me how far we have both come. I had Emily when I was 19 years old. She has been with me for a better part of the formative years of my life.

To celebrate her birthday today, we will be taking her out for dinner. She will be bringing one of her friends. She got her hair done a couple weeks ago at a salon, with a fancy funky dye job and swanky hairdo. That was the big present. But, she has a few smaller things to open up. We got her a few shirts, some eyeliner pencils and a hair dryer. This Saturday, she will have a big party at our apartment with all her friends.

The picture here is of Emily when we were in Belize in 2003. We went over spring break that year, and it was (to this day) the only big trip we have ever taken. She is standing on the top of Xunantunich - Mayan ruins on the Guatemalan border. That was such a lovely time.

I am on spring break, though I am REALLY bummed that I will not be going to St Louis. *grumble* I could go, if I could rent a car and drive down, but we just can't afford it. I thought about taking the bus, but the schedule doesn't work well, and I need to be back on Saturday for Em's party - so, if I took the bus, I would have to return on Friday. I hope to get in some good gym time this week, tackle some research for a paper and I guess that's about it. After a nice warm-ish day yesterday, it is cold and rainy today. So, it's pretty blah. I have been enjoying the pool, and go up there almost every day. It has been such a treat. I love the freedom of the water.

Not much else to tell.....Happy Birthday Emily!!! xoxoxoxo

No comments: