Wednesday, March 05, 2008

on a mission

Oh my goodness! What is that mess you ask?? Well, my sweet friend Jen, just moved from Providence to Virginia (DC Metro Area). This is what her house looks like. *gasp* Jen has had a rough year. This time last year she was getting ready for seemingly endless cancer biopsies, cutting out huge parts of her hipbone, etc.....it took months for doctors to figure out what was wrong with her. She went through really painful surgeries, tests, etc......luckily, she didn't have cancer, but still had some really severe health risks and issues. She still has a lot of trouble walking and she certainly is struggling to unpack from her big move and her husband is working long hours. Oh yeah, in the process of the move, her husband totaled their car in a snowstorm. She has not had a good go of things lately. :(

So, today, after I saw this photo of Barny struggling to unpack, I said....."let me at it!!" I love a challenge. I love to clean! And I really regret not being able to go to Providence last year when her health was in such disarray and she was scared and really struggling. So, next Thursday I am flying to DC and will be helping Jen to unpack her house and get it clean!!

I will be staying until Monday or Tuesday - and am being paid in cake. Yup, you heard it.....cake.

Of course, Jen and I will be indulging ourselves in some down time. She said to me, "even if you just came out, sat on my sofa, ate cookies and watched Roman Holiday with me a hundred times, I would want you here." So, cookies, sofa and Audrey Hepburn will be included - but I told her.....no way, we are going to CLEAN! So, I am expecting a few days of back breaking labor *wink wink and Jen whacking me with her cane saying, "put the cat litter THERE!! NOW!!" *nudge nudge

Call me crazy.....but I can't wait!!

No comments: