Monday, March 24, 2008

wishful thinking

There isn't much I regret in life, but one of the things I regret most was getting rid of my LeMond road bike. It pains me to think that I sold it for a couple hundred bucks after I spent an entire summer working for it, rode hundreds of miles on it, and it flew like the wind.....it was a thing of beauty. But, I was insistent on getting a commuter bike and got rid of it to pay part of the commuter bike off. Granted, the commuter bike is pretty nice - and I do like it - but it pales in comparison to my old LeMond. Now, with this triathlon on the brain, I keep thinking about how difficult it will be to ride it on my commuter bike. It is pretty heavy, doesn't gear well or ride fast......I used to ride for miles and miles on country roads on flat Missouri and Illinois farmland. I can't even fathom that now. So, all eyes on a new LeMond. Yup, there is is.....what a beauty. It is the low end one, like the one I used to have, but now they make them for women, which would likely be a better fit. Now, we surely can't afford it......though, what if I sold my commuter bike, put the money away and saved up? Hmmmm something to think about. I wonder if a local store would do a layaway option like when I bought my last one? I know I would ride the roads a heck of a lot more if I had a good road bike. My commuter bike just isn't good for that......and it would be good training for the triathlon and I would love to do long weekend rides again like I used to......hmmmm *sigh*

No comments: