Saturday, March 22, 2008

triathlon/fitness push update

Today, Graham and I went to the swim shop and I got a lycra swim cap and some really awesome goggles. What a world of difference it makes! I did the 1/2 mile tonight in a personal record time, of 25 minutes. Having a cap and not having my hair flying in my face makes SUCH a big difference in my breathing. It also reduces the energy needed to fling said hair out of face. So, I just have to peek out a wee bit for that breath. I am also working on getting into a good breathing pace. So, this has helped a lot.

I am now up for 50% freestyle. I do 25 yards of freestyle and 25 yards of breaststroke......and maintained that rhythm for the entire 1/2 mile. So, I am improving. :)

After my 1/2 mile swim, I did a "free swim" which just meant I chose the style of stroke.....and did that for 20 minutes. It felt wooooonderful.

No comments: