Monday, April 07, 2008

this next month

My goodness.....the next month is going to be insane. So much to do, so little time. I just finished off a weekend packed with good food, good friends and good times. Robin came and stayed with us. Thursday night we hit up a yarn shop in the south loop and then Miller's Pub. We picked up some cake on the way home and watched MST3K while we binged on it. :)

Friday we met some other friends at Giordano's for lunch, hit up a plus size boutique on Damen and then picked up Graham for a party out in Winnetka. Loads out of out of town friends and some in town ones, were there for an evening of food, drink and live music. We didn't get home until 4am, so we got a late start on Saturday.....but made the trek to Ethiopian Diamond and Metropolis Coffee in Edgewater. Graham, Robin and I had a quiet Saturday evening, and watched more MST3K and more knitting was done.

Robin took off yesterday morning and I spent the day watching baseball, relaxing and went to a friend's house to work on a class project. Then, Sarah came over to my place for a cook out and we did some dream work and animal cards. Too fun!! Oh yes, and devil's food cupcakes were made - the vegan way - with a can of pumpkin. They are surprisingly delicious.

So, now....I am off work for the next couple of weeks to work on reading and MANY papers.....here's what the next month holds in store.

3 big papers and a few smaller ones (in the next 2 weeks)
wedding on the 13th
MA defense on the 18th
Cardinals games on the 18th and 19th! woo!
presentation on the 22nd
take home final due the 22nd
last day of the semester is the 24th (yes!)
Graham, Em and I are all going to STL for graduation on May 10
Mother's Day with my mom May 11th
Graham's birthday on the 13th

Of course a few things in there are going to be fun......but, I am feeling very overwhelmed. I am excited to have a Mother's Day with my mom for the first time in years. We used to have a Mother's Day tradition of going to a Cardinals game - but, I don't think the Cardinals are in town this year. Bummer.

I am almost finished with the cashmerino baby blanket for Jenna. I still have to piece it together, but have one patch left to knit - I hope it turns out as nice in real life as it looks in my head.

I haven't been to the gym since last Wednesday - which is a bummer - so, I need to get back in gear this week. I am also joining Weight Watchers.

So much to do, so little time - and yet I find time to procrastinate and blog...... c'est la vie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is Venus..lol that sounds so weird. Saw your link on Robin's. Are you not coming to StL for Wilco then?