Wednesday, March 12, 2008

off to d.c. tomorrow.....

Who would have thought New York would have the next big political sex scandal? While Spitzer was right to resign, it is pretty pathetic that we still have a man (and his cronies) in the White House who have blatantly violated a number of laws, continue to engage in an illegal war, are involved in abundant fraud and corruption, and just keep on keepin on......now, if we found George Bush in the office with his hands down a woman's pants? (or man's pants) Well, he'd be back in Crawford, Texas with a one way ticket faster than you could say cigar.......It's pretty scary that we still remain such a puritanical state when it comes to sex, but yet "we" can "all" get behind a "good war." Yeeehaw.

But I digress......I am getting all packed up and ready to head to DC/VA tomorrow. I am excited about my trip and over the moon about seeing Jen and her kitties! I will be homesick, like I always am when I am away from Graham, Em and the animals - but the time will fly. We may hit up a few sites in DC......though since Jen gets tired so quickly, I am thinking we won't venture out too much, and that's fine! :)

I have been trying to wrap up a few knitting projects. I finally finished the scarf and am getting the tassels on now. Winter is almost over.....sheesh.....okay, Jenny can wear it NEXT winter! I will be giving it to her tomorrow in class.

I am off to the gym this evening and then doing an Adlerian assessment on Graham. That will be fun! :) I am sure he loves to be my guinea pig. Oh yeah, I am picking up more work at IVP, possibly two days a week, which will be great! I don't know how I am going to pay for my summer classes. I did apply for a partial scholarship, though I have no idea how to pay for the rest. I do not want to take a PLUS loan. So, I hope to be able to tuck some of this IVP money away from tuition.

No comments: