Sunday, March 09, 2008

quite a scare.......

Emily has over to spend the night and watch movies this evening. Around midnight, I agree to walk with them to the 7-11 and get them some snacks. First I took Kerry out for about 15 minutes and then the girls and I walked to 7-11.

On our way back up the street, I stop suddenly and am a little alarmed that there are two men standing at my front door. I look a little closer to make sure they are in fact at MY door, and not another apartment. Yup, they were at my door. I stop the girls and we stand there for a moment. I can hear Kerry barking like mad, which leads me to think that they had actually knocked on the door. Usually he will just give a little growl if he hears voices passing by.

Keep in mind Graham is not home.

So, we watch the men walk away from our door and around the corner. We rush up to the apartment (where the door is not locked) and get inside quickly. Emily says, "mom didn't you leave the TV on when we left?" I am pretty sure I did. And at that point, it was turned off. The girls were terrified, I was terrified thinking someone is in the house. I dialed 911 on my cell phone and had my finger on the "send" button as I looked behind every door, in the shower and in every closet. Luckily we live in a really small apartment. I locked everything up, shut all the windows and pulled the blinds. I am still pretty freaked, and keeping the phone close.

I think the worst thing was how scared the girls were. They are laughing in the other room now, which is balm for my soul right now.

I am thanking the high heavens that we were not at home. I wonder what would have happened if these people had ill intentions and knocked on our door and I answered it?? Man. As some of you know, I have had some reasons to be a little extra cautious regarding the safety of myself and my family as of late. I am a wee bit paranoid......so, this was really scary.

Graham is on his way home.

No comments: